Thursday, November 27, 2008

Thankful...

Today is the day celebrated as Thanksgiving in the United States. Many think that it is a misplaced celebration - after all the WASP committed genocide - to get us to this point.

One can acknowledge these sad facts and still be grateful for a day that causes us all to pause and be grateful.

I am thankful...
  • that I was born in this country - life is easier here than most other places.
  • for my parents - who through some twist of fate were also born here and chose to raise nine of us.
  • for my partner and fellow adventurer of 39 years and mother of our two children.
  • that I was saved by the Cold War and not killed in Viet Nam during my time in the U. S. Army Air Defense Command.
  • for our children, Zachary Elden and Emily Rose who have grown up and chosen different paths in life.
  • Zach has determined career and financial ambitions at the moment and Emily has chosen to be a mother - giving us two wonderful granddaughters - Michelle Faith and Elizabeth Mae.
  • for the friends and relatives that we have in many differing physical locations but always in a soft spot in our hearts.
  • all bless us with their qualities and character.
  • for the property that we live upon...we are learning with it.
  • that I can see the eagle fly and have the pileated rest in the crab apple next to me.
  • that I can chop wood, mow the hay, and till the soil through my physical efforts.
  • that we can reason our way to a different way of producing and consuming foods that will bless us with health.
  • for all my fellow Earth Companions...sharing and educating me about the Divine Creation that surrounds and supports us all.

Amen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home