Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Tidings of comfort and joy?

Today I heard a new (to me) version of this old Christmas carol - God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen by Zigo. It made me ponder the "season" for a moment...

Tidings of comfort and joy? In Iraq? In Lebanon? In Darfur? In the U.S.? Where?

I'm not a zealot of any religion but American Christian hypocrisy is just about beyond belief to me.

Didn't Jesus teach peace on earth and good will toward men? How about the little ditty - do unto others as you would have them do unto you? Or forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us?

I don't think he taught the shop until you drop gospel that our corporatists preach. Could this be what the Islamics are objecting to?

Consider for a moment how we would be behaving if Iraq had bombed and invaded us to impose a democratic regime...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home