Sunday, November 05, 2006

How will you feel on election night?

I received an e-mail plea for money that came with this question as a title. I think it is a pretty good one. Will all the state and federal electioneering will have meant something? Will we have more democracy as a result? Will we have more freedoms as a result? I think not - I haven't heard a single candidate speak of their interest in increasing these for the American people. Is this the legacy boomers want to leave - a country with less freedom and less democracy?

One of the things that I learned long ago was that it was a good thing to leave a place better than you found it. On election night I know that I'll feel that we'll have failed our ancestors and our descendants miserably by allowing the farce into which our elections have degenerated to continue. The question is can we figure out how to develop something better.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home